CAE Civil Aviation Training Solutions
Icing Awareness: Preflight Considerations
A free eLearning Icing Awareness: Preflight Condisterations course is now available on the Customer Training web site. The objectives of this course are:
- To enhance risk awareness related to operations when airframe contamination may exist.
- To ensure all individuals involved with aircraft operations make informed decisions concerning the identification of airframe contamination and appropriate actions before flight.
This training is applicable to Senior Management, Authorities, Regulators, Flight Operations Managers, Dispatchers, Flight Attendants, Ground Crew, and Pilots.
Winter operation recommendations are contained in the aircraft Flight Crew Operating Manual (reference: Limitations and Supplementary procedures section) and in our Winter Reminder In-Service Activity Report (ISAR reference 2007-08).
To launch the Icing Awareness: Preflight Considerations eLearning course, click here.
Downloadable eLearning Zipped Package
To download the zipped courseware:
- Click here to download and save the zipped courseware.
- Unzip the file.
- Click on IcingAwareness.exe to run the courseware.
Download Instructor-led PowerPoint
To download the zipped instructor-led Powerpoint:
- Click here to download and save the zipped file.
- Unzip the file
- Click on Icing Awareness Pre-Flight Considerations.ppt to run the Powerpoint
*This course does not satisfy any requirement of 14 CFR Part 61